Sold to Jon Amick!
Why: I decided two project cars is
one too many. Therefore the Galant is going!
Mitsubishi Galant VR4
Purchased: 8/1/00 143k Miles
Main Model Details:
- #355 produced out of 1000 in '92.
There were probably only about 250 gray cars ever brought to the U.S.
- 2.0 Liter Turbocharged 4-cylinder
- Four Wheel Steering with ABS
- Four Door, seats five
- Power windows, locks, mirrors, sunroof
- Black Leather Interior
- All important: 2 dash illumination colors and 2 trip meters.
- 8/1/00 New owner.
- 8/3/00 Removed boost controller solenoid
- 8/7/00 K&N Air Filter
- 8/26/00 Removed "air silencer"
from behind air flow sensor
- 11/21/00 Finished stitching up leather
wrap for steering wheel
- Added Pioneer head unit (radio, CD, and
high-quality external input (for MP3 player or whatever))
- 4/11/01 Ported 2g Manifold
- 4/11/01 Ported exhaust side of turbo,
- 4/11/01 Added EGT probe and VDO gauge
below head unit for clean install.
- 4/11/01 Added VDO boost guage
- 4/11/01 Added HKS EVC boost controller
- Installed 3" press-bent exhaust
- Installed 2.5" Mufogas downpipe.
- 9/7/01 Removed 16G turbo from Eclipse
and put on Galant.
Mods in my possession that haven't been
- ACT 2100 Clutch from Eclipse
- Todds Mods chip from Eclipse
Probable Future Mods (in desired order):
Wish List Mods:
- Everything! But I shouldn't...
- 8/26/00 Replaced drive shaft carrier
- 8/26/00 Changed Oil/Filter
- 8/26/00 Replaced Valve Cover Seal
- 10/xx/00 Timing belts, front seals,
water pump replaced
- 10/xx/00 U-Joints replaced
- 11/22/00 Replaced lifters with new
- 4/01 Ticking: Replaced exhaust
manifold and studs
- 12/01 Alignment, Tires, Balanced, Thermostat,
- Leaks oil. Probably 1/2 quart per
tank of gas.
- Need to change transmission oil.
- Flaky coolant temperature sender.
Confirmed by data logger.
- The CD player of the pioneer head unit
-->Mark Phillip's Home Page
This page was last edited: 01/26/07