The first owners of this car babied it in a garage for 21 years and only put 59k miles on it. My father always admired this car and wanted me to have so I have recently inherited it after it was stored for 16 years in my grandfather's concrete-floored barn in Ohio. He built an enclosed, window-less room just for the Electra. The result is a survivor in amazing condition. The white walls don't even have many spider-web cracks in them! Other than the exhaust, there is no serious rust, and that is now replaced.
It's now out here with me in Colorado and I've prepped it for road use again! So I've now gone from a 4 cylinder putting AWD, 3200 lb car "new technology" car to a 7.0L V8 rear-wheel drive "old school" ride. Quite the change!
Lots more pictures
Initial Shop Visit: 59640 miles, 2006/02/23-2006/03/02, Pro Street Performance
- Flush all fluids, drop gas tank and clean
- New transmission fluid, filter, and gasket
- New plugs, wires, cap, rotor, thermostat, and pcv
- New fuel pump and filters
- New brake pads, shoes, and wheel cylinders on all four corners as well as the master cylinder and one brake line replaced.
- Original carburetor and intake removed (and kept) and a 650 (?) cfm Edelbrock and intake installed.
- New dual exhaust system with H-crossover.
Additional shop work
- Fixed gas gauge sender
- Replaced windshield washer
- Replaced thermostat, radiator and cap, and fan clutch
This page was last edited by Mark Phillips: 07/26/08